- Recreation & Leisure Guide
- Swim / Skate Schedules
- Clarington Walks (PDF)
- Access to Recreation
- COAA - Clarington Older Adult Association
- Community Grant Program
- Fitness Trainers, Courtice Fitness Training Facility
- Program Registration (EazyReg)
- Sports Hall of Fame
Community Services Department
The Community Services Department is responsible for all indoor municipal recreation facilities and programs (some of which are provided in partnership with local community organizations to meet specific needs.)
The Municipality of Clarington, Community Services Department is committed to enhancing the quality of life in our community by valuing and embracing:
- Partnerships - fostering and building relationships
- Accessibility - creating recreation opportunities for all
- Active Living - promoting healthy lifestyles
- Leadership - creating opportunities and developing potential
- Safety - offering quality programs, facilities and services (PAALS – Partnerships, Accessibility, Active Living, Leadership, Safety)
The Community Services Department fulfills its mission through open communication, a customer focus and respect for individuals.
The department consists of three divisions: Administration, Recreation Services, and Facilities.
The Administration Division provides overall leadership and direction for the department and ensures departmental alignment with corporate priorities and policies.
- General Email: email@example.com
Recreations Services is responsible for all recreation programs offered by the Municipality. This includes:
- Aquatics - Programming of all indoor and outdoor pools, including swimming lessons, public swimming and lifesaving, leadership and adult programs.
- Fitness - Provide programs and facilities that encourage individuals and families to be physically active in aerobics classes, swimming, squash as well as memberships to our fully equipped Fitness Training Facility.
- Recreation - Offering general recreation programs for infants to adults. From daytime programs for the little ones, after school drop-ins for youth to sports for adults. The recreation division also oversees the programming and delivery of all municipal camp programs including P.A. Day, March Break and Summer Camps. Also responsible for public skating.
- Community Development - to provide support, guidance, facilitation and training as required, to assist volunteer based, not-for-profit community groups to build capacity within their organizations and enhance their ability to provide recreation and leisure opportunities. Provide support for various community events such as the Clarington Sports Hall of Fame.
The Facilities Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all recreation facilities operated by the Community Services Department.
- Annual facility allocation and facility permitting for arenas, swimming pools, indoor soccer, banquet hall facilities, and food and beverage services including concession, vending and special event services.
- Staff liaise regularly with user groups to provide assistance for regular daily requirements as well as special events.
- Project management for new recreation facility construction.
- Manage preventative maintenance program for buildings and major equipment.