Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Grass and Weeds

The Clean and Clear by-law regulates the cleaning and clearing of land, including long grass and weeds. The length of grass and weeds cannot exceed 20 centimetres (eight inches) in properties in Clarington.

How can I file a complaint about long grass and weeds?

If you come across a property where grass and weeds exceed eight inches, you can file a complaint online. You will need to provide specific addresses and other details.

What happens after I file a complaint?

After we receive your complaint, a Municipal Law Enforcement Officer will attend the site to investigate. If warranted, the Officer will provide the property owner with a written order requiring compliance with the by-law within a specified time. After the specified time, the Officer re-inspects the property. If the problem still exists, we will call a contractor to bring the property up to standard. We will then invoice the property owner for the cost.


Website Feedback Customer Service