Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Who Can Help With

New subdivision being built

When you move into a new subdivision you may have questions. To help address your concerns, we have compiled a list of some of the commonly asked questions you might have and can be answered by our Building Services Division.

Parks, street trees, construction access and gates

  • When will the Municipality plant a street tree in front of my new house?
  • What type of tree will you plant in front of my new house?
  • Why did I not get a tree in front of my new house?
  • When will The Municipality build a park in my neighbourhood?
  • Where is the park going to be located in my neighbourhood?
  • What will be included in the park in my neighbourhood?
  • I am building a pool. Can construction equipment come through the park to access my rear yard?
  • Can I put a gate in my rear yard fence?

Construction, curbs and sidewalks

  • Who can help with excessive mud, dust or dirt on my street during construction?
  • When can I expect curbs, sidewalks and sod?

Drainage, grading and site alteration

  • Whom should I call if I am experiencing drainage issues?
  • What should I do if I am thinking of bringing in larger amounts of top soil?
  • Whom should I call if I am concerned about the movement of soils?

Traffic and speeding related concerns

  • All traffic and speeding related concerns.

Widening my driveway

  • Questions about widening your driveway.


Engineering Services
40 Temperance Street
Bowmanville, ON L1C 3A6
Map this Location
T. 905-623-3379 ext. 2308
F. 905-623-9282
Email: Email Engineering Services

Website Feedback Customer Service