Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Sign Permit


If you plan to erect a sign in Clarington, you must fill out and submit a sign permit application form. This is required for both permanent and temporary signs. Your sign must comply with the Sign By-law, Building By-law and Zoning By-law.

How do I apply?

Bring your completed application form, including written authorization of the property owner to install the sign, to the Planning Services Department.

Also bring:

  • Two copies of plans or drawings showing the location, size, type and precise wording a nd/or illustrations of the sign
  • The application fee


The fee for a sign permit is $210 for a permanent sign and $110 for a temporary sign. In some cases, other fees may apply.

Website Feedback Customer Service