Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Change of Home Ownership

The Municipality of Clarington will mail a tax bill to the property owner on record at the time the tax bills are issued.

When you buy a home, check with your lawyer or contact Taxation Services to confirm when the next payment is due on your property taxes. Penalty/interest charges will apply on late payments regardless of any change in ownership. A copy of the transfer/deed is required in order to process a change of ownership.

If you receive a tax bill for a property you no longer own, please contact Taxation Services at 905-623-3379 ext. 2650.


Website Feedback Customer Service