Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.


Clarington's Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining all municipal trees including boulevard trees, trees at the sides of roads, within our parks and at facilities.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the maintenance or conditions of municipal trees, please contact the Public Works Department.

Replacement of Municipal trees

If the tree on your boulevard is dead or is diseased, you can have your tree replaced.

Report a dead or diseased tree online, by email or by calling 905-263-2291. We will come look at the tree to determine if it should be removed and/or replaced.

Tree removal

By-law 97-35 regulates the destruction of trees in Clarington.

If you are planning to cut down or remove trees within a woodland area, you may need a permit from the Region of Durham. There are two types of permits available under the Region's Tree By-law--a Good Forestry Practices Permit and a Clear Cutting Permit. A "Woodland" is a treed area one hectare in size and greater, but does not include orchards, tree nurseries or Christmas tree plantations.

Read more about tree removal on the Region of Durham website.

Trees for Rural Roads Program

The Trees for Rural Roads Program offers trees free of charge to Clarington's rural residents to be planted along municipal roads on private land.


Website Feedback Customer Service